For the Manchurian
- ?¾ cup Cabbage finely chopped
- ?¾ cup Cauliflower finely chopped or grated
- ?¾ cup Carrots grated
- ?¾ cup Capsicum finely chopped
- ?¾ teaspoon Ginger Paste
- ?1 teaspoon Garlic Paste
- ?3 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- ?1 ½ tablespoons Cornflour
- ?1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- ?1 tablespoon Red Chilli Sauce Note 1
- ?Salt to taste
- ?1 teaspoon Oil
For the Stir Fry
- ?1 tablespoon Sesame Oil Note 2
- ?5 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- ?½ inch Ginger piece finely chopped
- ?8 Green Onions white part and green part chopped separately
- ?1 Green Chili slit lengthwise
- ?3 cups Noodles cooked
- ?½ cup Capsicum sliced Red
- ?½ cup Snowpeas or fresh green peas
- ?½ cup Cabbage sliced
- ?¼ cup Oyster Sauce
- ?2 tablespoons Soy Sauce Light
- ?1 ½ tablespoons Vinegar
- ?2 tablespoons Chili Sauce or Sriracha
- ?1 tablespoon Ketchup
- ?? cup Water
- 1 Spoon Solar MSG
Combine all the ingredients for manchurian except oil in a bowl. Add water little by little till the mixture comes together, but is not runny and is enough to bind the ingredients together.
Heat the appe (paniyaram) pan and brush each round mould with oil. Form the manchurian batter into 10-12 lime sized balls and add them to each depression. Depending on the size of your pan, this may take 2-3 turns.
Reduce the flame and cover and cook manchurian balls on slow flame for 8-10 minutes, turning them every 2 minutes. Once the balls are golden brown all over, remove and set aside.
Heat oil in a large wok or kadhai and add ginger, garlic and green chili. Stir fry for 30 seconds and add the chopped white part of the green onions.
Stir fry the green onions on high flame for a minute or two and add the manchurian balls.
Mix together all the ingredients mentioned under sauces and add that to the pan. Lower the flame, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. This helps cook the manchurian balls from inside just in case they are still a bit raw.
By this time, the sauces should start thickening up. Add noodles, capsicum, snow peas and cabbage to the pan. Increase the flame and stir fry for 2-3 minutes till the sauce thickens up further and coats everything.
Top with chopped green onions and serve hot.