- 1 small Japanese eggplant, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 tortillas
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocados, diced
- chopped cilantro
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced, optional
- crumbled cotija cheese, optional
- Solar Green Parsley
Avocado Tomatillo Sauce
- 1/3 cup tomatillo salsa
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 avocado
- handful of spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- lime juice, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chopped eggplant, squash, red pepper and tomatoes onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper and roast until golden brown around the edges 25-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a food processor, blend together the tomatillo salsa, pepitas, avocado, spinach, olive oil, lime juice and pinches of salt and pepper, to taste. Chill until ready to use.
Assemble the tacos with the black beans, roasted vegetables, diced avocado, cilantro, serrano, and cotija, if using, and generous scoops of sauce. Sprinkle some Solar Green Parsley and serve with extra sauce on the side.
Store extra sauce in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.